What is Polyester film?
- What is Polyester film?
- What is the producing process?
- What is the features and benifits of Polyester film?
- The classifications of the Polyester film
- The thickness of the Polyester film
- The color of the Polyester film?
- The price of the Polyester film?
- HS code
- Polyester film Supplier
Before answering this question, we’d better clear the below concepts!
1–What is PET?
PET full name is polyethylene terephthalate. It is one kind of polyester. When PET is used in bottles, containers, and other applications. It is called PET or PET resin. When PET is used as a fiber, it is often referred to as polyester.
2–What is PET film?
PET film is a kind of polyester film. Since PET film is the rarest, many people in the industry refer to PET film as polyester film. In fact, PET film is just a kind of polyester film.
3–What is BOPET film?
BOPET film is a high-grade film made of glossy materials. It needs to be dried, melted, extruded, cast and stretched vertically and horizontally.
BOPET film has the characteristics of high strength, good rigidity, transparency, and high gloss. BOPET film has good water resistance and is suitable for packaging foods with high water content. The manufacturing cost of BOPET film is relatively high.
4–What is Polyester film?
Polyester film is a polymer resin of the polyester family.
Polyester film (PET film) is a multifunctional plastic film. Its chemical name is polyethylene terephthalate. PET film is thermoplastic.
PET film is a special kind of film, its price is higher than PVC, PE, and PP film, of course, some of its properties are also excellent, such as optical transparency, physical and mechanical strength, chemical stability.
The polyester film business is the core business of Dehui Film® since we established in 2001. Our PET film business has converted 80% polyester film products. From transparent base film to colored film, from rolls to sheet, from soft type to rigid, from metalized to laminated film, from transfer film to printed film.
What is the producing process?
PET( Polyethylene Terephthalate ) is a plastic material.It is produced by reacting terephthalic acid with ethylene glycol – two substances produced in the crude oil / naptha cracking chain.In manufacturing, polyester “chips” are fed into a heated extruder.Then the molten polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is extruded onto a chill roll. The roll quenches it into the amorphous state. It is biaxially oriented by a process known as drawing. The most common way of doing this is the sequential process in which the film is first drawn in the machine direction using heated rollers and subsequently drawn in the transverse direction, i.e. at 90° to the direction of travel, in a heated oven. Draw ratios are typically around 3 to 4 in each direction.
What is the features and benifits of Polyester film?
- Polyester film is chemically stable, and it is inert to most chemicals.
- Polyester film has high tensile strength and good impact and tear resistance.
- Polyester film can be used in the temperature range of -60°C to 100°C and can maintain good physical properties.
- Polyester film has a relatively high melting point and is very suitable for products and environments that require high temperature sterilization.
- Polyester film has excellent UV resistance and electrical properties, good optical clarity and gas barrier properties. And the polyester film can be metallized to improve the barrier properties to oxygen, water vapor and aroma loss. It is suitable for products with high requirements on product shelf life.
- Polyester film can be recycled and processed into many other products.
With these advantages of polyester film, we can use them in a variety of applications. Here we list some as below:
- Strength – hanging displays, tags and labels
- Clarity – overlamination, archieval storage, safety window filmThermal
- Stabilty – ovenable packaging film, electrical insulation at elevated temperatures
- Printability – by a variety of techniques including offset, flexo, gravure, digital
- Whiteness – as a synthetic paper for print applications
- Rigidity & Flatness – in tickets, tags and card applications
- Sealability – can be heat sealed over a wide range of temperatures
In addition, the polyester film can also be used in many fields. for example:
- Polyester film is often the best choice for food and beverage packaging. It can also be applied to aroma barrier films for coffee and tobacco packaging.
- Used to make flexible circuits, membrane touch switches, and even printed electronic displays.
- Used in medical packaging, cling film, tape backing, printed films, plastic cards, protective coatings such as solar and security window films, release films, transformer insulating films and flexible printed circuits.
- Polyester film as a surface protective film can be used in many fields, such as optoelectronic industry, electronics industry, wire and cable industry, hardware industry, printing industry, plastic industry.
The classifications of the Polyester film
1–According to the production of polyester film, raw materials, and the stretching process can be divided into the following two kinds.
- 1) biaxially oriented polyester film (BOPET for short).
- 2) one-way stretch polyester film (CPET for short).
2–Classification according to the use
- Electrical insulating film.
- Capacitance film.
- Card guard film.
- Universal film.
- Semi-reinforced films.
- Stamping film.
- Printed laminated packaging film.
PS: For Polyester film classification details, you can click our blog: polyester film classification
The thickness of the Polyester film
There are hundreds of thicknesses of the Polyester film. The thinnest thickness we are supplying is 4.5 microns. It is mainly used in carbon fiber tape. The thickest thickness is 350 microns. The popular 350-micron product is a white opaque polyester film and milky white translucent polyester film.
The color of the Polyester film?
The most basic and common color is transparent color. In addition to transparent color, there are white, black, yellow, red, green, blue, pink, etc. If by metalizing, it can be silver, copper, and gold.
The price of the Polyester film?
The biggest factor in the price change of Pet film is the raw material. Because its raw materials are extracted from petroleum. Therefore, the price change has a lot to do with the price change of oil.
The market polyester film price is basically based on weight, such as kilogram. However, sometimes the area is also used as the unit. This mainly considers the special using and the difficulty of manufacturing.
As a commodity, PET film is traded in the international market. The import and export tariff rates of various countries are different.The BOPET film HS CODE is 39206200. This code has nothing to do with the color and thickness of the film. According to this code, you can know the tax rate of each country’s imports and export.
China and other Southeast Asian countries belong to ASEAN countries. Dehui can provide Form E certificate of origin. In this way, when ASEAN countries purchase our PET film, the tariff is 0.
Polyester film Supplier
Dehui Film is a reliable film supplier from China. If you have any inquiries about the polyester film business, kindly contact us freely.