What is aluminized mylar?
Aluminized Mylar Film is metalized PET film. It Is metallising of PET film under vacuum conditions. It achieves special optical properties and reduces the diffusion of gases and flavors through the film. The most commonly used metal is aluminum but other metals can be applied also.
It can be aluminised mylar sheet, or in aluminized mylar film roll.
Aluminized mylar sheet can be cut as your request to cut it! The bigger metalized mylar sheet we did is 20″ x 27″.
Because of the high reflective effect of aluminized mylar.So it is als called mirror mylar sheet.
How is aluminized mylar made?
Aluminized mylar is mainly a composite flexible packaging material formed by coating a very thin layer of metal aluminum on the surface of transparent mylar film.Among them, the commonly used processing method is the vacuum aluminum plating method.It is to melt and evaporate the aluminum at high temperatures in a high vacuum state. Make aluminum vapor deposit and accumulate on the surface of the mylar film. So that the surface of the plastic film has a metallic luster.
Because it has both the characteristics of plastic film and metal. It is a cheap and beautiful packaging material with excellent performance and strong practicability
When was aluminized mylar invented?
Vacuum coating has a history of 200 years.
In the 19th century, it can be said to have been in the stage of exploration and pre-research. The hardship of the explorer was fully manifested during this period.
In 1805, began to study the relationship between contact angle and surface energy (Young).
In 1817, an anti-reflection coating (Fraunhofer) was formed on the lens.
In 1839, began to study arc evaporation (Hare).
In 1852, began to study vacuum sputtering coating (Grove; Pulker).
In 1857, metal filaments were evaporated in nitrogen to form a thin film (Faraday; Conn).
In 1874, it was reported that a plasma polymer was made (Dewilde; Thenard).
In 1877, the vacuum sputtering deposition of thin films was successfully studied (Wright). In 1880, gas phase pyrolysis of hydrocarbons (Sawyer; Mann).
In 1887, the vacuum evaporation of thin films (crucible) (Nahrwold; Pohl; Pringsheim).
In 1896, began to develop a chemical process for forming anti-reflection coatings.
Aluminized mylar Feature
1. Reduce the amount of aluminum used. It saves energy and materials and reduces costs. The thickness of the composite aluminum foil is mostly 7 ~ gpm. The thickness of the aluminum layer of the aluminized Mylar is about 0.05n. Its aluminum consumption is about 1/140～1/180 of aluminum foil.
2. Has excellent folding resistance and good toughness.
3. With metallic luster, the light reflectivity can reach 97%. And can form a color film through paint treatment. Its decoration effect is beyond the reach of aluminum foil.
4. A shielded type can be used for partial aluminum plating. To get any pattern or transparent window. Can see the contents.
5. The aluminum-plated layer has good electrical conductivity. Can drop electrostatic effects.
6. Good adaptability to post-processing such as printing and lamination.
Aluminized mylar applications
1–It can be used as a labeling materia such as: Metalized Mylar Tags
2–Reflective Decoration, Such as Metallised films used for balloons
3–Packaging application: Metallised films are used as a susceptor for cooking in microwave ovens.
5–Electronics: Metallised films are used as dielectric in antistatic bag
After you know what is aluminized mylar, do you want to buy it ? Dehui Film is one of the aluminized mylar suppliers and wholesale. We can export it in bulk or wholesale.If you have need of metallized mylar sheet film. Contact us freely.