The types of polyester film and plastic Film.
1–The top questions for Mylar Film is —– What is Mylar / Mylar film? What is the mylar film types?
Mylar® is Dupont / Taijjin’s branded for polyester / plastic film, manufactured in a variety of different combinations of types, finishes, and thicknesses.
2. Is Mylar the same product as polyester film or even just plastic film?
The word “Mylar” is often used to generically refer to plastic film. However:
· Mylar is a registered trademark owned by Dupont Tejjin Films for a specific family of products made from the resin Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET).
· The true generic term for this material is polyester film.
Plastic Film is a generic term for any polymer material that is cast, extruded or calandarded into a wide thin film like material. There are many, many types of plastic film in use today. If you need more help understanding what type of material you require, please contact us by hitting the Inquiry Button!
3. Types of Mylar
Types of Mylar Sheets
· Adhesion treated
· Barrier coated
Finishes of Mylar Sheets
· Low, Moderate to High Haze
Thickness of Mylar Sheets
from .0005″ or 12 um to .014″ or 350 um
4. Are all types of Mylar film / Mylar sheets available in all finishes and thickness?
No. Different types and finishes of polyester film and sheet are made for specific applications. Learn more about different types and finishes of polyester film and sheetand the properties of Polyester Film and Sheet.
Dehui Plastics offers a wide variety of different types, grades, finishes and thicknesses of Mylar film.
Contact us : [email protected] www.dhfilmtech.com